Below are some useful resources.
Click on the highlighted links or phone numbers below to get more information.
IDENTITY THEFT AND PERSONAL SECURITY
- AnnualCreditReport.com is a centralized service for consumers to request free annual credit reports.
- Equifax — One of the three major credit score agencies. 1-800-525-6285
- Experian — One of the three major credit score agencies. 1-888-397-3742
- TransUnion — One of the three major credit score agencies. 1-800-888-4213
- Federal Trade Commission — A one-stop national resource to help deter, detect, and defend against identity theft. Also a resource on what to do if your identity has been stolen.
- Identity Theft Resource Center — A national non-profit organization providing information on understanding and preventing identity theft.
- Privacy Rights Clearinghouse — Empowering consumers and protection privacy. 1-619- 298-3396
CYBER EDUCATION AND AWARENESS
- Creating a Password - See best practices for creating a strong password.
- Best practices for Using Public Wifi - Learn how best to use a public wifi.
- Online Safety - See five every day steps on how to stay safe online.
- Mobile Security - Learn simple tips for securely using your mobile device.
- Mobile Payments and Banking - Read simple tips for banking an making payments with your mobile device.
- Cybersecurity While Traveling - See tips to help protect yourself in the cyber world when travleing.
- Malware Tips - Learn about the types of malware, tools to protect yourself as well as what to do if you have benn compromised.
- Online Privacy - See some simple tips to help understand and strengthen you online provacy.
- Five Steps to Protecting your Digital Home - Our homes are becoming more technology driven. Learn how to protect your digital home devices.
- Phishing Tips - Learn what phishing is and how to protect yourself from phishing attacks.